If there has been a substantial change in circumstances then either parent may petition the court to modify the child support. The custodial parent can seek a modification if they have experienced a reduction of income or if the other parent has had an increase in income. The non-custodial parent may seek a reduction of child support if they have experienced a reduction in income through no fault of their own.

If a parent has outstanding child support payments or has made child support payments in an untimely fashion then there are various remedies available to you such as, wage assignments or liens. The state of California can also withhold professional licenses and intercept tax refunds.

It is imperative that you file a request to modify immediately to avoid payments becoming overdue or from losing out on increased child support payments. Contact Desai Family Law Group today for a free consultation.

To know more about Desai Child Custody Attorney

Our Newsletter

Sign up with your email to download or share