We live in a time in which society enjoys the freedom and mobility to travel the world. The child custody laws are unique in each jurisdiction. It is essential that you hire an experienced child custody lawyer to unravel the often overlapping laws and help you achieve your goals.
Desai Family Law Group provides effective representation in international child custody and international child abduction. We provide competent legal representation for:
- Parents that want to relocate to a foreign country with their children
- Parents that want to prevent the relocation abroad of their children
- Parents that want to visit a foreign country with their children
- Parents that want to prevent their children from being taken on a trip to a foreign country
- Parents that want to prevent international abduction of their children by the other parent
Foreign born or non-citizen spouses who intend to relocate children overseas must comply with U.S. laws regarding child custody and visitation. If a parent leaves the country with a child without lawfully gaining custody of them, they may have their passports suspended or a warrant can be issued for their arrest.
The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Abduction or Hague Abduction Convention is a multilateral treaty that provides for the expeditious return of a child internationally abducted by a parent from one member country to another. If your child has been taken to a country that is not a party to the Hague Convention, we can still represent you with the goal of returning your child to his or her home.